Midas Blenny Skin and Bones

I have had a midas blenny for a few months in a 40B with 2 clowns. Tank has been up for 2 years. I feed nearly every day and try to feed twice a day when I can. I feed frozen mysis, pellets and prime reef flakes. I offered nori but none of them were interested. He spends most of the time in the rocks, comes out at feeding time and eats a bite or two then back in the rocks. The clowns dont pick on him.

The clown fish have huge bellies but the blenny is skinny as a rail and I am beginning to worry. Any advice?

Use a food soaked with medication. Mebendazole or fenbendazole mixed with food http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/fa164 as an example . You can get fenbendazole as a dog dewormer from local pet store or buy it from Thomas Labs . The dog dewormer is sold under the name of Pancur. You can try Seachem's Focus which acts as a binding agent to your foods that you feed .

I have the same issue. Mine didn't come out at feeding times for about a week though. He just start coming out freely so I'm trying to feed twice a day and hope it was just from not being out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back