Miniatus Grouper Tankmates

MEGALADON99

I currently have a 250 gallon tank with a Miniatus grouper and soon to be a emperor snapper. Anyone here have any suggestions on tankmates? had a barred Rabbitfish in with a grouper but he was being harassed. Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Miniatus can be terrors when they get to be full sized. I had to remove one from a 200 gallon after it started tatering all it's tankmates, including a yellow headed moray.

Miniatus can be terrors when they get to be full sized. I had to remove one from a 200 gallon after it started tatering all it's tankmates, including a yellow headed moray.
he's still relatively small so he should be ok as long as I introduce any tankmates early in the game

+1 Ours is horrible, particularly to an Emperor snapper. Mind you this is in a 700 gallon. He doesn't bother the big Niger or Arothron puffer, but everything else gets beat on. He's a d**k. Avoid!

A friend of mine had a miniatus in a 125 years ago.

Alone, because it killed everything else in the tank. On one occasion, I noticed that one of the heads on her undergravel filter (yeah ... _that_ many years ago!) was off-kilter, so reached over to adjust it. Almost lost a finger. That fish was one of the most aggressive things I've ever seen in a home aquarium.

~Bruce

Back