Mixing radeons?

Spudstr

I just setup a 180g and silly me only used 3x radeons.. needless to say the ends do not have enough light. the radeons i used were g2's. I have a g1 left over from a 29g i took down. Is it ok to add the g1 to one side?

That should be fine, imo. I believe the G2's are just the G1 with the TIR lenses and a little more punch. If you do not have your G2 radions at 100%, you could probably just run the G1 at a higher percentage than you have your G2's currently at to make up for most of the PAR difference.

That should be fine, imo. I believe the G2's are just the G1 with the TIR lenses and a little more punch. If you do not have your G2 radions at 100%, you could probably just run the G1 at a higher percentage than you have your G2's currently at to make up for most of the PAR difference.

Good point, given the lighting is really on the outer 5ths of the tank were there is really not much rock anyway I should be fine.

Based on the Mr.Saltwater tank Radion video on youtube, the g2 seems like the sameish PAR readings, major diff seeming to be the TIR lenses and color.

CR

I just setup a 180g and silly me only used 3x radeons.. needless to say the ends do not have enough light. the radeons i used were g2's. I have a g1 left over from a 29g i took down. Is it ok to add the g1 to one side?

Why do you think you don't have enough light?

You can add as many as you want, but why?

Back