Motor Noise

FullFathomFive

How loud should my mp40w's motor be? I can hear the motor from across the room. By the way, I'm not referring to the vibrating noise caused by misalignment.

Both mine can also be heard from a distance... Biggest caveat IMO.. But then again the noise is not much worse than my 6105 when it run at the same speed..

The VorTech motor is external so there will be some noise coming from it. Whether it can be heard in your room depends on the ambient level of noise in the room and your hearing sensitivity.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14799165#post14799165 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by EcoTech Marine
The VorTech motor is external so there will be some noise coming from it. Whether it can be heard in your room depends on the ambient level of noise in the room and your hearing sensitivity.

Obviously. I just wanted to make sure that the noise produced was within the normal range.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14798037#post14798037 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Musiker
Both mine can also be heard from a distance... Biggest caveat IMO.. But then again the noise is not much worse than my 6105 when it run at the same speed..

I agree!

If the wet side frame cover is damage by the magnet rubbing on it, you will get this erratic noise.

Back