move to new house

LOL man that sand tote was HEAVY as Hel*!!!! Hope ya guys are feeling better!!!

Man its time to get some plastic containers and make a zillion trips with the sand till it weight alittle less that 250lbs!!! :eek2:
No problem and thanks again for getting everything, made it a heck of alot easier for me!!!!

haha. i think that is what i will be doing ....
Thanks again scott for helping ... we'll BBQ one of these weekends when i have stuff running.

ohk!
been working on this since 5.30pm ... just finished - pump is running now @ 12:45AM .. already have 1 plumbing leak with the return bulkhead ... the one i didn't replace. :-(

mike,

i was about 40 gallons short! but perfect on the sand - maybe even a little too much ... but its a nice deep sandbed.
alot of the leftover colonies didn't survive ... a few did. i've already picked out some of the small stars, and found a few snails.
I used about 1/4 RODI water to fill the missing and the remaining 3/4 with tap water - which for me is RO water anyway ... but its @ about 15-30 PPM TDS ... pretty good.

the sand tote empty + some water from the other totes:
PICT0516.JPG

This is all sand, rock & water:
PICT0519.JPG

SIX of these b1tches .... my back HURTS!
PICT0521.JPG

running with water:
PICT0522.JPG

Nice man ...Looking great so far,,,,

Boy yesterday was worse than when ya were here. I had a guy get the tank and he helped me move that stand,,,man that stand weight about double of the tank, or at least it felt that way!!!LOL Everything is out of my living room and in the garage now!!! And we moved the room around last night!!!

Keep us posted on this man, looking great :D

oh man ... i was up & fiddlin around with this till 2am again .... tank cleared up a bit .. but still dirty ...

i've got to stop by the store & get one of those long turkey baster/feeder things ... i need to dust off the rocks, and whats left of the corals before they die too.

now that everything is transfered & has settled .. there is a nice layer of 'silt' on the sand ... how do i go about that?

this morning:
PICT0523.JPG

PICT0525.JPG

the garage wall:
PICT0528.JPG

i guess since there is a bit of corals left on the roack .. i better get my lights going .... i found @ least 2 of the xenias are still alive ... but others that are right next to them were dead. :-(

how can you tell if the kenya trees (name?) are still alive? do they extend/flower/bloom/open up?

Lights and those xenia will come back and become annoying! I am sure more survived then you think! after some time under lights things will open back up. get those things set-up and quit being a baby about yur back! that tote was not that heavy! oh whait maybee it was.

to be honest .. since i've had the tank for about 6 months now ... i was thinking that it was never going to get setup ...

LOl ya guys are too funny, still ragging on each other about ya backs!!! :lol:

Yeah man the Kenya trees will extend and youll be able to tell if there alive, Im sure most things made it, it just might take alittle for them to become comfy with the new tank and crapola like that, but one thing is ya should get those lights on soon!!!!

i know .. i need to get them soon ... i'll have to fumble with them tonight ... i think my 3 VHOs still work,but my PCs are dead. ... i'll convert the lights over to T5's ... but my canopy is not tall enough to fit MHs in there ... that'd craze & crack the acrylic i'm sure

LOL yeah if there too close the braces might have a melt down!!! I know of a person who is selling some 3x400 wattersMH full fixture with pcs!! If ya dont use them for the tank ya and ya girl can go tanning under them ;).....hmmmmmm wounder whos selling them:D

Yeah man thats a nice tank for sure!!! I hope he fills the nail holes in the trim though!!!!...Thanks for that link, I just looked at page 9!!!

Right those will work for sure!!!! T5s are cool, only reason I have the Mhs are because of the shimmering affect !!! but my next tank will be t5s, im kinda done with the shimmering faze!!!

sump is another issue to tackle ....

glasscages want $420 + shipping, or $420 + $40 if i pick up from orlando when they attend a show on 11/4-11/5 (2 weeks from tomorrow) ..... thats ready to go, laid out the way i want. 48x20x16

but there is a guy in naples that has a 500g tank ... he had a sump built & it didn't fit - john @ Glass Ocean is dealing with him ... .& he wants $450 for a 53x24x24 w/out anything inside ...

i like the dimentions better of the local tank/sump ... but i'll have to make my own inside & drill it myself .. which is fine. & i could get it sooner.

well the tank water is crystal clear now ... or very close to it.
i have my 3 VHOs running fine now ... everything is sleeping ... lots of stuff did make it after all.

so far i have found:

Kenya Tree
kenyatree.jpg

Xenia: (shown is the pulsing xenia)
xenia.jpg

some feather dusters:
featherduster.jpg

tomorrow i need to make sure to pickup some food ... what should i pick up, and how often shoudl i feed?

Back