Moving experience

steelers559792

I am moving in the next month and have a 75 with 29 sump. There will be about 10 days in between selling my house and closing on my new house where I will have to stay with family and another 7-10 days of renovations. I don't want to drag a giant tank and keep setting it up and taking it down. Anyone with experience or suggestions that worked for them would be appreciated

get some good friends!!!
i moved my 150g + 25g sump with 8 people in 3 hours.
ZERO LOSS!!!
Thank you to my friends!!!

get some good friends!!!
i moved my 150g + 25g sump with 8 people in 3 hours.
ZERO LOSS!!!
Thank you to my friends!!!

I don't think his issue is moving it once but breaking it down and moving it a couple times within three weeks.

I guess it depends on how much you want to keep it and if it is worth breaking it down tand setting it up at your parents and then doing it again to move it into your new home. If you want to do it the best thing is to get a few friends to help. I moved my entire 150 setup in a day with the help of one person. It mainly comes down to whether or not it's worth it to you.

I would suggest moving the livestock to a temporary tank of some sort - baby pool, stock tank, whatever - then setting up your new tank in the new house, get everything stable, then move the livestock over.

What Aaron said. Find a temporary home and make sure it has flow and temp stability. take the time to clean out the tank and gear during your down time. The skimmer can be temporarily set up in the holding tank. Any other life support that you want to hook up, do it. It has to be functional, not pretty...

Also, keep an eye on salinity. Large surface area stock tanks will likely evaporate a lot more water than you are used to.

Thanks. I am torn between setting up a temp tank at my parents or just breaking it down and starting again in a few years. I have 4 clowns that have been sharing an a anemone for close to 3 years now and I have a leopard, false eye and yellow wrasse that all eat flake that are the only reason I have kept it running

When faced with a similar situation I opted for sell it off and start fresh after a few years.

I sure missed my fish the entire time.

I would go the stock tank route if you would like to keep your livestock

Back