Moving out of state: Everything must go (120 FOWLR, 72) ASAP

gmate

MASC Member
I've got two tanks (one running, one broken down) that I need out of the house ASAP. I'm moving to Colorado soon and can't take these monsters with me. I will part out as needed within reason but I'd prefer to just sell the whole system and call it a day. Located in Bethany CT - I don't have the ability to move these items, you must come to me, you must bring hands to help you. Accepting any reasonable offer(s).

Tank 1:
120 Gallon (48 inches wide, 24 deep, 24 tall) reef ready (central overflow, drilled at bottom)
- 1/2 inch glass - this guy is heavy
- Built custom to-order at House of Fins in Greenwich, I am the third owner. Tank is approximately 10 years old. Silicon seals visually look great.
- Was running w/sump, I have since taken sump offline. Recommend replacing the bulkheads (cheap and worth the peace of mind). I've had the current bulkheads on the tank for just over 4 years.
- Some minor scratches in the front glass (on the inside, nothing on the outside) but nothing that is visually distracting. They're not big enough for me to bother posting pictures of but if you care to see I'm happy to send some to you directly.

Tank 1 - Stand:
All-wood black. Two front doors and a side door (to get the sump in/out). Hinges are in great condition. Sturdy. Also custom built @ House of Fins. If I had to buy it again I'd probably reinforce it for peace of mind with steel L-brackets at the joints (personal preference, my other tank stand is built like this). Could maybe use a new coat of paint inside, there's some salt creep that's worn it down.

Tank 1 - Livestock
Approximately 50-70lbs of live sand
- About 1/3rd of the tank is 'barebottom' on the right side. Probably could use another 40-60 pounds if you preferred.

Approximately 125lbs of live rock
- This live rock has come directly from my running systems in previous tanks and includes some very nice pieces and tonga branching pieces. What was purchased came from Go Fish in Clinton and The Coral Reef in Stratford - RIP both stores, special shout-out to The Bandsaw Bandit.

Four fish, all of which cohabitate without issue, are eating pellet & algae clips, no disease/rot and I have owned for four years for the entire life of this tank. Very healthy and this is the saddest part of me breaking this down. My Desjardini eats out of your hand and follows you around the room.
- Purple Dottyback (Pseudochromis)
- Desjardini Tang
- Scopus Tang
- Bristletooth Tomini Tang

Sponge - huge, purple, capping sponge. You can see it in the picture. It looks like Montipora, but it's not. It grows like a weed and I have to prune it every so often.

Tank 1 - Hardware
This tank comes with a Jebao PP15 pump (new, purchased October 2018 - 65 dollar value) and heater. I am not including the Sump & Pump, Octopus Skimmer or Hang-on-back skimmer. If you want these please ask with your wallet.

Pictures are huge, so here's links:
https://i.imgur.com/rTy6Yw5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/JrmJ1iA.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7jrpBWG.jpg

Tank 2:
72 Gallon Bowfront, Reef Ready central overflow (drilled in bottom pane).
Stand is custom built, very nice finish, just needs a new set of hinges on the right door (maybe 15 bucks at Home Depot, if that). This thing was custom-built by the previous owner and is way over-built for the sized tank it holds - very heavy, but it also has that 'nice furniture' look to it. I hate to part with it because I'd like to put a small 40 breeder on it in my living room in the new house.

Picture:
https://i.imgur.com/TD45f53.jpg

(Bonus - buy anything, take all the misc 'reef crap' I have under this tank that you want! Pumps, buckets, you name it)

All livestock, fish and rock pending from the 120g. Willing to offer a cleaned tank & stand for $250.

Bowfront & Stand reduced to $150

Livestock and rock gone. Tank fully broken down.

$250 tank/stand for 120
$150 tank/stand for 72

Bump, I'll part with the tanks&stand for 100/each. Pickup in Bethany CT. I moved out of state so I will help coordinate a pickup with my brother or I'm back in town in August.

72 bowfront is gone. 120 available. Need it picked up Sunday or Monday. No offer refused.

Back