Moving to fish only and need some feedback on my stocking list...

GoBigGuy

Hi All,

Right now I have a 180 reef setup but with work becoming more and more crazy I've decided to sell off all my coral and move to a fish only tank so I can just come home and watch my fish.

Below is the stocking list I have put together for my 180gal tank, (72x24x24) with 60gal sump with a skimmer rated for 400gal. I'll continue to run my carbon reactor as well as my GFO reactor.

Blue Tang (Paracanthurus hepatus)
Blue Girdled Angelfish (Pomacanthus navarchus)
Humu Picasso Triggerfish (Rhinecanthus aculeatus)
Red Tail Triggerfish (Xanthichthys sp.)
Goldbar Wrasse (Thalassoma hebraicum)
Heniochus Black & White Butterflyfish (Heniochus acuminata)
Yellow Tang - Hawaii (Zebrasoma flavescens)
Antennata Lionfish (Pterois antennata)
Pinkface Wrasse (Thalassoma quinquevittatum)
Pakistan Butterflyfish (Chaetodon collare)
Pearlscale Butterflyfish (Chaetodon xanthurus)
Longnose Hawkfish (Oxycirrhites typus)
Blue Spotted Puffer (Canthigaster solandri)
Flame Angelfish (Centropyge loricula)
Saddle Valentini Puffer (Canthigaster valentini)

Is the above list too much? Can I add a Harlequin Tusk (Choerodon fasciatus) and Yellow Wrasse (Halichoeres chrysus)? And the one fish I really want is a Wartskin Angler (Antennarius maculatus) but not sure if any of the above would become his dinner.

Thoughts?

attachment.php

Hi I'm no expert but what stands out to me is from what I've read lionfish and trigger fish can't coexist.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can cover your entire kist.

Nice but watch for those humu triggers there super aggressive add it in last if you get one but overall gl that's some expensive fish

Happy reefin

Can I add a Harlequin Tusk (Choerodon fasciatus) and Yellow Wrasse (Halichoeres chrysus)? And the one fish I really want is a Wartskin Angler (Antennarius maculatus) but not sure if any of the above would become his dinner.

The angler will eat anything up to his body mass and possibly choke on something bigger... These are for specimen tanks IME.

I don't think a Halichoeres chrysus is beyond the mouth capacity of a Pterois antennata TBH, and I have the same feeling about the longnose hawk.

The harlequin tusk should fit nicely in this tank IMO.

Best regards.

Daniel.

Back