MP40 high pitched noise

Doodaa

I walked in my door tonight hearing a high pitched "whistling"noise. It was my MP40 in wave mode and the propeller was not turning. I reached my hand in and turned the propeller manually and it turned easily (not stuck). I unplugged it and pulled the wetside out and cleaned it off a little. There were a few snails in there, but they weren't plugging it up. I looked at the dry side and the blue sticker is a bit crinkled...like it got too hot. After cleaning it off, I reconnected it and plugged it back in. Worked great for a few seconds and then the high pitched noise came back. I unplugged it again and wiggled it around and plugged it back in. The noise came back right away but was not quite as loud, then quieted down again. It has been 15 minutes now and it's still as quiet as it was when I first got it.

I'm worried it will happen again. The high pitched noise isn't like electronics high pitched more like a whistle and it's constant like a bearing going out. I don't have a receipt but I bought it last fall sometime so it's pushing a year old. Do I have a failure of some sort? What should I do?

Last night, the noise came back, just not as loud. I have it in reefcrest mode now and when the motor speeds up the noise is more noticeable. To me, it sounds like a bearing squeaking.

Back