MP40 on 75g

I guess if you ran it at 100% all the time. I prefer two on my 75 so you can have them alternating or running from 70% to 100%.

The different modes and the wireless communication are one of their biggest strengths but you need two to take advantage of that.

I prefer multiple pumps as well, more random flow, easier to keep from having dead spots.
My mp40 gets a bit warm and loud when I have it all the way up, so I run like 75%

Depends what you are keeping in it. If just soft coral and LPS, yes it would be sufficient running Reef Crest or Lagoon mode. For SPS I would recommend 2. My 75g SPS tank I am running 2 MP40wES in Reef Crest anti-sync and the flow is amazing.

Are you guys with MP40s in the 75s going barebottom? I have a Koralia 4 and a Koralia Magnum 7 (3900gph total) and I'm having a tough time getting my Seaflor Special Grade to stay put!

Yes my 75g is currently barebottom, it did have sand in it and it wasn't a huge problem. Only reason I am barebottom now is because I moved and ditched the sand.

Definitely not enough for a 75g, unless you like the incredibly loud noise at 100%. It's enough good flow on my 40B now that I took the 90 down to rebuild. I'm still severely disappointed in the value and quality of the MP40, total ripoff in my book.

Barebottom here too, I actually have one of the MP40s on the bottom pane pointing straight up...

Back