Mp40w magnet failure

6rotorguy

Hi everyone,

I noticed that my pump had stopped and the controller was flashing red and green. I took it apart to clean and found that the magnet was swollen and seized.

What would cause this? Can I buy just the replacement magnet for my wet side? Has anyone else seen this?
a8aty2ed.jpg

rotorguy,

Replacing the magnet would most likely resolve the issue. That said, we will be able to replace the magnet for you under warranty, assuming you send the unit in for be serviced. In order to have your pump sent in, please go to http://ecotechmarine.com/support/request-service/ and fill out our Return Materials Authorization form to receive the necessary email and other information you need to send in your part/pump for service.

Hi Alex, and thanks for your help. I've had the vortechs for a couple of years now, how would I know if they are still under warranty?

rotor,

If a wetside magnet splits as a result of a defect in manufacturing, we will cover this for you under warranty regardless of age. That said, the wetside will need to be send in for us to inspect.

JUST SEND THE THING IN! The guy basically said in the first post, send it in, we'll fix it for free! Quit asking questions before they decide not to fix it!

Back