MRC March Meetings

gflat65

Hey everybody. We've got a double shot of reefer madness this month. In preparation for the upcoming frag swap, tentatively set for April 25th at the Drury Inn, we've moved the meeting at Aquarium Fantasies to this month, also. This gives everyone an idea of how to frag numerous different coral types with enough time to be able to frag their own corals for the swap.

First meeting-

Saturday, March 14th at Cam's (bamalatino) house. More information will follow with directions to Cam's house. I think Cam has some refreshments in mind for the meeting, so I'm really looking forward to it:). I hope to be able to eat like I want to by then:D.

Second Meeting-

Sunday, March 22nd at Aquarium Fantasies. The plan is to frag any coral type from Jim's tanks to show everyone how a little bit of everything is done. Jim said he'd do 1/2 off any frags we cut at the meeting for club members (more on membership details later). These prices do not include certain corals (chalices, dendros, etc.). Generally, in house cut frag prices are $25 for SPS and $30 for LPS, so with half off, $12.50 and $15.00:). The intent of this is to give everyone another chance to see how to frag their own items with enough time to try their handiwork before the swap. We'll likely do a fragging demonstration at the swap in April, too, but you won't see as many different types of corals potentially being fragged as at Aquarium Fantasies. If only a few show up, we likely won't frag a little of everything (just a little of several things), so bring everyone. Jim will also have fragging kits available for purchase. Should be a great time.

We'll set up a meeting in April, also, to make sure we have everything covered before the swap. I can always do it at my place if no one else is available.

Well, I hope to see you all at both meetings this month. Both will be a treat. If I've missed anyone, or you run across someone who wants to be on the distribution, let me know and I'll get you added. I just sent an email out, so if you thought you were on the list, but didn't get one, let me know and we'll remedy the situation;).

More details to follow on all of the above items:).

[welcome]

we just nominated a board of directors in January. We haven't set up a club per se where you have to pay dues yet. We will be having two meetings this month, hopefully you both can make one or the other or both!! if you would like to pm me I can get you on our email list. We just use email to send out announcements, directions, info on meetings and the info on the upcoming swap. If you can make it to one of the meetings, we can go into further depth on what we are about, who the officers are, who the fellow reefers are, and what we will be doing at our next swap in April. If you can't make it, then I can email you the info so we can keep you up to date!

look forward to meeting you both :)

Julie

We'll have membership nailed down before the meetings. Send either Julie or me your email and we'll get you added to the list. Glad to have you. This month is going to be a pretty good one:).

A few of the carc members might be interested in the frag demo at aquarium fantasies. Is there enough room for a few of us?

Hey Brandon,

I would think there will be plenty of room. He has a good sized store. Let me verify, though.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14485827#post14485827 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by brandon2432
Ok when will you find out?

Jim just got back from New Orleans yesterday, so we'll talk to him w/in the week

Okay, we've discussed everything except the meeting times... I forgot to ask Jim (and also need to get with Cam) about the meeting time for his meeting.

We are hoping for this meeting to help build the club, and to help bring in some money for the upcoming frag swap, tentatively set for 4/25 (pending confirmation of availability of the Drury). For those who sign up for club membership, there will be a $20 annual due. The dues will run current through 12/31. We basically will have renewals in the January and July time frames (prorated to $10 from July to December). In Nashville, we originally tried to have everyone's membership be a calendar year from the date they signed up, but that almost requires a full time job for the treasurer to keep up with who's dues are due when, etc. I was treasures (among others), and can say it was work;). To simplify, we started a system like the one above.

For the meeting at Aquarium Fantasies, all club members will receive a 50% discount on any frags we cut in the store that day, for fragging demonstrations. Once again, this will not include some of his more expensive corals (chalices, dendro's, etc.). Non members will receive a 25% discount on the frags cut during that day. Savings over regular cost breaks down so that if you pay $20 for club membership and buy two frags at Aquarium Fantasies, you'd have saved your dues cost plus $5 in one night (normally $25 per frag-$12.50 at 50% off on SPS, for example).

We wanted to be able to offer a discount to those not in the club, so as not to exclude anyone, but also need this meeting to help build the club. We'll print out some cards for the meeting so that as you pay, we can give you a card to show at checkout. We'll later get a laminated card out to you.

Both meetings should be a lot of fun, so I hope we have a number of people come. Cam is planning on some tasty treats (I'll come off my food allergy diet for a night for that, regardless of the consequences:)). If enough people show up for the Aquarium Fantasies meeting, we'll get to see a lot of different things fragged (SPS, softies, LPS, etc.) so you can have things ready for the swap. Hope to see you all there. Let us know if there are any questions:).

I've got an update on the meeting scheduled for 3/14 at Cam's house. This one has been canceled. Cam has taken a new job and will be in training in Ohio during the scheduled meeting time. We'll just have the meeting at Aquarium Fantasies this month (3/22).

I forgot to ask Jim when I talked to him, but I'll get with him tomorrow at the latest and see what time he prefers.

Back