MSX 200 problems, need help

AquaWave523

I have filled the water in the sump up to 10" and even 11" and it doesnt seem to work. The water in the skimmer is about 2" below the collection cup and not foaming or doing anything but collecting water and shooting it back out....how do I adjust this? i dont see any instructions and no level control.

The level control is done by twisting the grey pipe (it is very sensitive). But you should have foam, maybe try to take the pump apart to make sure a piece of styrofoam isn't caught b/w the pinwheel. Link

ok, i got it to work and figured out what gray pipe you're referring to. What is that yellow cap with the metal looking strings that come wth it? what am i suppose to do with that?

metal looking strings? The mesh wheel? ( If so the mesh is enkamat, not metal) It is another impeller to use if you wanted to instead of the pin wheel inside the pump for your skimmer

It makes smaller, finer bubbles inside the skimmer ( More air less water) but will have to be maintained from time to time. ( Remeshed every couple of months plus startup of the pump can be iffy with the mesh)

This skimmer works good if your water lever is constant for the skimmer. If the water level changes you will have to adjust the gray pipe all the time.

I love the skimmer, what's a good height for this skimmer? I have it set to 9".

I have to build a sump and the first section, i'm not sure how tall should the baffle be. I'm thinking 10"?

If the water level is to be constant then doesn't the sump need a baffle between the skimmer and the return section where the ATO is located? Otherwise the water level will be varying between the high and low levels of the ATO. I'm new and just gettingh ready to purchase the same skimmer but worried about some compaints of high noise. Jim

oh, yeah, that's how i have it set up jimnrose.

Protein Skimmer > Return < Refugium

Yeah, i noticed that the first time i had it on. It was loud!

Aside from that ,it does a kick @ss job from what I can see so far. It's just huge and loud.

Back