Mt. Washington

Misled

RC Mod
Staff member
RC Mod
Took a ride up there today while my wife stopped to see her brother in the hospital. First, took this for some people I met on one of the overlooks,

1asMCDy.jpg

A couple city shots.

Z5qtHJu.jpg

aY1dTAx.jpg

In my garden today.

iQz1Rmp.jpg

Nice photos Jesse. Were the first three taken from the same overlook?

I find it interesting that 3 of the 4 women in the first shot are doing the same pose. Left knee bent. Left arm straight. Left shoulder towards camera. Even the fourth woman is left knee bent.

Were they coached or was that their default behavior? Wouldn't surprise me that in today's self / selfie obsessed culture that women have "go to" poses ready.

First, the top and third pic were from the same overlook. The second pic was from a cliff down the road. It's a go to place for photographers to take the city shot from. It's gotten overgrown though. I was careful to eliminate the tress just to the right. It's beginning to take away the shot most go there for.

On the pose, no coaching from me. First, you know I don't like shooting people. From what a guy I work with, (his wife is a portrait photog), it's called a horse pose, and yes, it's a go to pose for them.

It was kind of a weird situation. They were trying to get a pic with an iphone being held in place by a purse on the ground. I'm standing off to the side and shooting when I here them calling out Jessica, the girl in the middle. That was enough to get my attention. I noticed what they were doing, and realized because of the angle of the iphone, they couldn't be getting much of the city in the pic, so I told them to stay put and I'd take one for them.

Thanks for the insights into the situation.

"Horse pose". I'm sure ladies love that term!

I also am not a portrait shooter. If I happen to miraculously get a good shot, I am proud of it, but it's rarely the goal.

Back