My 120g slice of that big blue pie.

Murderface

Well, I'm 8 yrs in and I finally have something to show for it. It has a few flaws currently but I'm pretty happy with it as it continues to improve. Its on the upswing from neglect due to a new addition to the family.

I'm running 2x400watt metal halides, 432 watts of t5, 2 vortech mp40s, 1 mp10, a reef octopus ps-3000int skimmer(its a beast), DA Reefkeeper elite, 3 pc4, DA mlc(moon light controller) with 4 led pods, 2 blue and 2 white, reefkeeper2, calcium reactor, 2 fans for cooling, a 1/4 hp chiller for emergencies, and 2x 300watt heaters.

Livestock consists of 1 sailfin tang, 2 anthias, 2 true perc clowns,3 blue chromis,1 bangaii cardinal, 1 janns pipefish( he's about 8.5 yrs old), 1 pair of mated mandarins, cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp, hermits n snails, tigertail cucumber, 1 crocea clam,1 squamosa clam and 1 maxima as well, Cheatomorpha in sump, and 1 lonely little mangrove(more coming soon). I have decided to start transitioning to smaller inhabitants as far as fish go as well.

Salinity is 1.025
Temp 79 Deg
0 measurable nitrates
Ph 8.1
Alk 11
Mag 1250
Cal 430
All parameters are in order.
Lots n lots of flow. Vortechs are about 3/4 of full speed on reefcrest mode.

Please excuse my photography skills. This was all taken with my phone. I don't own a camera.
Any and all questions, concerns, and comments are welcome. You never know what can be learned from anothers discerning eye.

Thanks for looking.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=232F7EC5B4A438A9!171&authkey=!ALxVeOMf-mvecYw

Really nice! Beautiful clam! and I say that platonically ;) If I could change one thing, Id get a canopy to match that cool stand!

Thanks Jaybird,
The canopy is definitely the eyesore in the mix. I am hoping to build one that more closely resembles the stand and is a touch shorter. I hope to be able to use the arms to raise/lower/suspend it. I think i will go the steel framed route for sure. Maybe use "L" angle to save weight and achieve the same look roughly. Time to start drawing...:beer:

Back