My 220 is almost finished

familyreefer

I have been running a thread on a few local forums for a few months now. Thought I would share the fun here. You guys dont have to wait for updates though. Here is how it all started....
Slab poured under the house to support the weight from the tank to be placed upstairs. There are 4x4s running from this slab up to the floor joists.
DSC_00111573.jpg

Here are the new outlets in the wall. each of the four outlets on the left are on their own 20 amp breaker with gfci
DSC_00011577.jpg

Stand

Stand

Here is the stand all framed up. Notice there is no center brace. The horizontal beam on the front is a doubled 2x6 header to support the weight
DSC_00051592.jpg

Here is the tank upon arrival. 72"long30" high. 24"front to rear
DSC_00945108.jpg

Done

Done

Hope you guys enjoyed. Keep in mind this was a 4 month project as I am sure you familiar with. It is by far my best set up to date. I have RO and salt water buckets in the basement plumbed up to the sump with switches under the cabinet for easy top off and water changes. The closed loop system has a ball valve on it that is plumbed out of the house to pump water out for water changes. makes life much easier!

Awesome setup. Wasn't sure what you were doing with the burnt edges at first. Turned out extremely nice.

Yea

Yea

That one fooled a few people here locally. Many thought I had lost my mind. LOLWHy work on a stand for 2 months and then set it on fire?

Pretty darn nice! How long did you wait to add livestock after adding all the rock and water? Looks great, can't wait to see it mature.

water

water

It went in right away. I was replacing a 135 gal aquarium with this one. The water had been collected from my RO over a weekend and mixed as it was made. The temps were matched between the two tanks and the rocks were moved from one tank to the other. The fish went and corals were swapped straight over . All of the inverts were dripped over the course of a few hours. No losses as of yet and it has been running for 2 weeks now. Fish look great and very happy. sure feels good to go to the LFS and be able to shop live stock instead of hardware!!

canopy

canopy

Canopy is 15" tall. There are 3-250 watt 14K and 2 400 watt 14K along with 2- 72" VHO actinics on an icecap ballast. I also have a Fish Bowl Enterprises lunar light set up on their Lunar cycler with 8 tubes of moon lights. There are 4 fans blowing into the hood and the return pump flows one side of the returns down through the floor to a JBJ 1/2 HP chiller

I'm looking to start a tank with the same dimensions as a room divider from kitchen to living area...Would love to see the build process on the other forums you mentioned...Can you please provide a link?

Thanks!

Tank looks great!

there you go

there you go

Be advised the second link takes a little longer to load but it will come up. I think it's their server cause it is always a little slower here locally as well.

Back