My 55 Thread (Photo Intense)

I've been looking into it for my future sump. You can buy a 3' X 5' sheet of 5mil, or 6mil for about 12,000 yen. I think it will be thick enough for your setup. I know Frank and Bret just made a sump out of the same stuff and had great results.

Mike

The sump we made for Brett, his acrylic was 5mm thick and turned out really really nice. If you wanna get a smaller sheet, they sell smaller sheets for I believe 4000y of the same thickness. We picked it up at naval kadena...its in the back corner of the place by the hardware section.

I think I have plenty of weld-on to do mikes sump and if you wanna make something smaller, we should have enough for that as well.

Mike and I should be at the shop this weekend or next doing some hackin and screwin things up...bring it by and I can run it through the table saw if you want.

As far as the plugs for the Frag tank, I would start with them ASAP. It's going to take a month before there tank ready.

Here's a cool way to do them. Take a bucket of fine sand, make sure it's moist. Push a piece of dowel or model of your frag plug into the sand, fill the hole with the plug mixture. The tough part is designing you model to push down into the sand. In the example I saw they were using a piece of small broom handle with a piece of larger dowel nailed on the top, made a nice T impression in the sand. They looked nice when they were done.

Acrylic is the way to go for weight issues. It's also pretty easy to work with. You could go thinner than 5 mil if supported but 5 mil will give you the support you need with less material.

Maybe im totally confused or something, but I thought thats what you were talkin about makin? im real lost...

I'd like to have what you posted, but that is to big. I am doing something like that, only not as big. You are correct. And I've had a bit of wine. and monkey man does not have 5mm plexi down in american village, will try others.

Navel Kadena is a better place to go or on 75 there is a place called muranaka. It has EVERYTHING! You can literally get lost in that place. Navel Kadena is easy to find stuff though if you don't speak Japanese.

They did, but they opened up a new DIY store in it's place. It's got more stuff and selection. Good shop!

Yeah, But you gotta watch the prices. Some stuff is cheaper at Makeman while the same thing is more expensive there. I just keep tabs on the stuff I buy regularly so I know which shop to go to.

It's convenient and gas it still expensive. I don't mind paying a little more for some things!

Back