MY DIY LED Project

@ Xclusive.. thanks my brother... I can't wait to see your LED fixture up!!! It's going to look really really KOOL!!!

@ isgon, you flake!! LOL!! What did I tell you, you was going to do!!!! Now your punished!! HAHAHAHAHA!! SEE YOU TOMORROW LOL!!!

Thank You for the kind words everyone. Update... I added 65* optics to the fixture, raised it as well. So now it hangs 10" from the water's surface. I also added a nice size piece of cured LR i had in my sump.

Pic21.jpg

BEFORE OPTICS... Plain and Dull
WithoutOptics1.jpg

WithoutOptics2.jpg

AFTER OPTICS.. you can notice the difference.
WithOptics1.jpg

WithOptics2.jpg

Heck noooo, I wont burn any corals except my breakfast in the mornings LOL. Using the european terminal blocks was a good idea... I had the fixture down in under 2 minutes. It took longer removing the canopy doors. So you guys should look into using them. Radio Shack has them for $2.97... Home Depot $7.00.

Hey OPG- your setup looks simple and clean. I got my kit and couldnt wait so I started right away- took it with me on my trip :)

Im running into a few issues with the wiring part and didnt want to solder it yet. I know that the wiring should be (+) to (-), blah blah. But my concern is that I have 2 ELN 48D drivers and 24 LEDs in 3 rows. Im just not sure which 12 I need to connect.
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18767985#post18767985
LED-wiringdiagram.jpg

your issue is with the way you wired it... on the right side you have two leds with multiple connections... your going to have to loop one wire around. I'll save your pic and reconfigure it to show you what I mean.

your issue is with the way you wired it... on the right side you have two leds with multiple connections... your going to have to loop one wire around. I'll save your pic and reconfigure it to show you what I mean.

You rock! Is this also wrong:
Re-wired.jpg
[/IMG]

Im having a hard time understanding why it all shouldnt be connected to one another. I know its 2 drivers but I plan on dimming with an Apex later on. OPG, thanks for your help. Im going nuts and trying to at least get my layout so I can do the enclosure. Can't wait to meet you guys at the meeting- your gettin a huge hug bro!

I'll wait for your diagram- that way I'll know the wiring is good. d

My painting skills arent good!!! LOL!!! Just follow the blue and yellow lines.
LED-wiringdiagram.jpg

Two complete strings... the colors represent the exact leds you have on the heat sink. Yellow=Cool white... Blue= Royal blue

I can't tell from the pic but if you haven't done so add nylon washed between the screw head and LED, a very common failure point is the screw touching the LED pins or connecting wire after soldering.

Thanks a million OPG!! I re-did it based on yours to confirm it all. I just wanted to be 100% sure that even the long stringies are attached (+) to (-) like the in the diagram. Here it is:
Correct.jpg
[/IMG]
Swapped the colors b/c I took the pic upside/down.

Seriously, I cant tell you how much I appreciate it. I get so annoyed if I cant figure something out. This way it makes perfect sense and I like how one color goes to one color- awesome!

Gimme your seal of approval and I will be soldering this baby tonight!

My painting skills arent good!!! LOL!!! Just follow the blue and yellow lines.
LED-wiringdiagram.jpg

Two complete strings... the colors represent the exact leds you have on the heat sink. Yellow=Cool white... Blue= Royal blue

Start soldering my friend... you did it!! Congrats!! Just take your time and you'll be good to go!! Little heads up... pre-tin your wires and the soldering points on the the LED's, makes soldering alot easier and faster. Have fun!!! Post your progress with pics!

Back