My Flatworm Exit Journey

reefing102

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori
Premium Member
Hey guys,

This is just to log my journey with Flatworm Exit.

I dosed a standard dose today. Almost immediately I saw the flatworms become very active. Within an hour, they were starting to get transparent with many floating freely in the water column. Now, about 4 hours later, there’s still a couple here and there but it’s vastly reduced. (This includes the siphoning and stuff.

I’m not seeing any I’ll effects on fish or coral though they slimed and my mushrooms look very unhappy but my guess is the slime is perhaps from the toxins of the flatworms that weee on the coral itself. Not sure but we’ll find out. I plan on doing 2 more treatments over the next couple weeks to kill off any that hatch from eggs

An interesting side effect…I don’t think I’ve ever seen my tank this clear. It’s always had a haze but now it’s pretty crystal clear

DD58C371-F07F-4D70-8257-6C018BE54825.jpeg

So the initial treatment took out a vast majority of the visible adults. I can already see some smaller ones coming back. Come Friday, I’m going to dose again and then do a third dose a week from then.

Alright, 2nd dose is in and it seemed to have less of an effect. However, I dosed it late. Added the carbon and then left so that could just be how few there were already vs last time and lack of observation. That said, life is hectic this weekend so I’ll try to update when I have a moment to really observe as I had to search for them this time vs just seeing them right off the bat.

I've been hitting my fuge (the only place I see FWs) with FWE weekly since March 11. This past weekend, I hit the fuge with a 4x dose for 45 minutes and on Monday saw FWs in there again. Are you having any luck Shane?

Kinda forgot about this thread haha. So I missed my 3rd dose. I still have flatworms but still seems significantly reduced. I’m looking at seeing if one of my LFS can get a Timor Wrasse, Green Coris Wrasse, and/or Radiant Wrasse to see if that helps

I’m probably going to restart my regiment tomorrow

I'm keeping my eye out for a Six Line. I hear they will eat the FWs too and don't get terribly big.

Just throw a blue damsel in there. I think but am not sure that the mollies I used to keep in my frag tank ate the planaria. I never noticed any planaria until after the last molly croaked (maybe flatworm indigestion was the culprit). I'm not suggesting this is solid evidence.

Just throw a blue damsel in there. I think but am not sure that the mollies I used to keep in my frag tank ate the planaria. I never noticed any planaria until after the last molly croaked (maybe flatworm indigestion was the culprit). I'm not suggesting this is solid evidence.
Actually, that's interesting. I have a Fiji Blue Devil, another Damsel and 2 Clarkii Clowns in the DT and, despite having flatworms in the fuge, I've yet to see one in the DT.

Actually, that's interesting. I have a Fiji Blue Devil, another Damsel and 2 Clarkii Clowns in the DT and, despite having flatworms in the fuge, I've yet to see one in the DT.
I used to watch my blue damsel pick them off the glass when I had my 90 gallon. Not sure if it matters what type of flatworms they are...

Back