My Latest Build 325-400g

Tile done, stand moved in and wall built back up to it. Time to find a local store to help me with the move onto the stand.
If anyone in the Naples/Fort Myers area knows someone please reach out to me.

Attachments

• IMG_5162[1].JPG
    IMG_5162[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
Very nice. Not sure if you’re apart of any of the Florida groups on here or not, but they may be able to help out?

Construction has been brutal with very little progress on the house or tank. I actually decided to leave in the crate until the drywall gets "punched-out". I did finally get a quote from the oldest of the LFSs of $1000 to help me move it 15'. Rough

Construction has been brutal with very little progress on the house or tank. I actually decided to leave in the crate until the drywall gets "punched-out". I did finally get a quote from the oldest of the LFSs of $1000 to help me move it 15'. Rough
You could rent one of these (heck you can BUY them for $1000). Of course the floor would need protection.

lift.png

Ended up hiring the moving company which ended up being $1100
But it’s in
Trim guys are there today and just trying to decide how much of bottom and top to cover
They’ll take sides to inside edge of side glass panels
Thinking 1/8” inch below top water line based on modular marine overflow and to to engage of lower banding
Bottom is my real issue as not sure I want to see
IMG_6769.jpeg
all the sand????

Also, trim will be approx 7” wide and think white will look really bad since do big
Thinking same color as wall (light gray) or maybe black????

Also, trim will be approx 7” wide and think white will look really bad since do big
Thinking same color as wall (light gray) or maybe black????
I think you can do just about any color - subtle or bold.

trim_gray.jpg

trim_black.jpg

trim_red.jpg

Pretty clean install. 7 inch trim seems huge to me

That said, for me, I like seeing my sand bed. However, if you want to block it, just remember sand moves so you will want to adjust trim height accordingly

Pretty clean install. 7 inch trim seems huge to me

That said, for me, I like seeing my sand bed. However, if you want to block it, just remember sand moves so you will want to adjust trim height accordingly
It’s 7” just to cover stand and banding
All sand will still show

Probably too late, but having a removable front piece would allow you to have have access from the front. It would make your life a lot easier when maintaining the tank. You have a deep and tall tank. If I had to choose a color, I would choose the same as the wall because once the tank is filled and lit, I want the wall to simply disappear and feature the tank itself.

Probably too late, but having a removable front piece would allow you to have have access from the front. It would make your life a lot easier when maintaining the tank. You have a deep and tall tank. If I had to choose a color, I would choose the same as the wall because once the tank is filled and lit, I want the wall to simply disappear and feature the tank itself.
I did consider it but didn’t like the look
It is framed so that I could add later if it becomes completely necessary
Building a rail to lay across the top when needing to work in front half
Already have platform to install behind tank same height as stand instead of having to use a ladder or step stool

Back