My new set-up

afish70

take a look at these and tell me what you think. i know thers nothing there but rock and fish, but i am still trying to figure out whati want. i am open to all suggestions and advice.

url]

url]

url]

Sorry figured I'd post them. Congrats on the start! If you dont mind me asking is that a filter or skimmer? Once again sorry just bored doing HW at home lol

Are you making the filter into a fuge? The filter will eventually hurt the tank in the long run by bumping those nitrates.

Last edited:
Nice start. I also was also into cichlids and now just do saltwater.

The combination of live rock, sand and skimmer is all you need. The emperor will just create more nitrates that will feed un-wanted algae.

If your using it's pump for flow then pull the bio wheel out of it. I would also pull the pads out. you could use the optional empty holders for just carbon.

I would say first just pull the pads, then a week later pull the wheel. That should give your rock a chance to adjust it bacteria to you system.

Looks like you might have a stock hood with a regular bulb. If so that would be the first thing you should change after getting rid of the bio-wheel.

Back