My plan of a 125 gallon build

For a basement pump, you do need one with good head pressure. The Reeflo Blowhole 2700 still delivers almost 1800gph at 13' on the highest setting. If you go with a DC pump like Diablo you will have to go to the highest model to get you the flow that you need to overcome the height from basement to your tank.

Just thought I would pop in here and tell Simonskl I passed both naplex and mpje! :] The scariest test I have ever taken in my life! But now I am working a ton of hours at CVS in the peoria area. so life is good and busy!

Just thought I would pop in here and tell Simonskl I passed both naplex and mpje! :] The scariest test I have ever taken in my life! But now I am working a ton of hours at CVS in the peoria area. so life is good and busy!

Congratulations on passing those tests and became a RPh. Money is good but don't forget all work and no fun is not good. I used to work 80hrs a week at that stage in my life but missed many of the "first things" of my first child.

Simon, I have a question about the doors you made for your cabinet. Did you use a router bit to put a channel in the stiles and rails? I have built my stand almost exact to yours and am now trimming it out and was originally going to do a giant panel for the opening. My wife wants doors on it to look more "finished". Any help is appreciated!

Zalmaxiss, I am not sure if my response belongs to this forum or in the DIY forum. Since this is my thread I will do whatever I want.;) What you need is a set of matching stile and rail router bits like this

The rail bit will cut a grove at the each end of the rail

The stile bit cuts a matching grove on the side of the stile piece which will accept both the rail end and the door panel.

I hope this helps.

I just read through all of your build thread...WOW!! Looks amazing! I'm in champaign and would love to get some of your SPS frags next time you have some available.

I love to see good help when it's needed :) awesome explanation! (I do woodworking on the side) :)

Agreed. :)
I've made cabinet doors without these before (only using 'regular' router bits not specifically for this purpose)... And wow, what a pain. They turned out ok, but I will definitely look into a set like this before attempt that again.

Hi Simon,
Tank looks real good...very nice. How's it going with they cyano? Didn't really see any in the video..

Thanks Tasso. Cyano is still a problem. I just did a water change this morning and siphoned out most of them so you didn't see them. It is worst in early afternoon when the light is in the highest intensity.

Thanks Tasso. Cyano is still a problem. I just did a water change this morning and siphoned out most of them so you didn't see them. It is worst in early afternoon when the light is in the highest intensity.

I'm assuming you read and tried whats posted in the sticky on RC about Cyano and how to fix it. I'm also wondering, did you change your salt mix by any chance? What salt do you use?

Simon, I plumbed my system as close to yours as possible. My left has the full siphon and e-drain, the right is the reg durso and return. I dialed the siphon in perfect, the durso is flushing and the return has a small hole in the elbow shooting water into the overflow box, might be a siphon break. What mod did you do to stop the flushing?

Yes. The flushing noise was driving me crazy so I decided to put a gate valve there to quiet it down. I figure since I have an ememergy drain and if both gate valves are blocked, the water will still drain to the sump without overflowing the tank. I do check on the emergency drain regularly to make sure not too much water is coming down that pipe.

Back