Need a carpet dr. !

We've had this Carpet Anemone for 3.5 weeks and has been doing very well,.... until yesterday. As you can see, he looks deflated and sad.
The only thing that has changed in the tank, is we added a clean up crew. I don't know if he ate a snail or crab ?

I did move a power head.

The water parameters and lighting are the same.

I wouldn't say he looks sick, just not a happy guy like before.
Would he need iodide or a different additive ?

What do you think and any advise ?

The first pic is before, fluffed & happy, the second & third is the last two days, very flat.
Kevin

Attachments

• Green Carpet.jpg
    Green Carpet.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Carpet 1.jpg
    Carpet 1.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Carpet 2.jpg
    Carpet 2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 0
We've had this Carpet Anemone for 3.5 weeks and has been doing very well,.... until yesterday. As you can see, he looks deflated and sad.
The only thing that has changed in the tank, is we added a clean up crew. I don't know if he ate a snail or crab ?

I did move a power head.

The water parameters and lighting are the same.

I wouldn't say he looks sick, just not a happy guy like before.
Would he need iodide or a different additive ?

What do you think and any advise ?

The first pic is before, fluffed & happy, the second & third is the last two days, very flat.
Kevin

To be honest, even in your first photo, I wouldn't define it as happy. To me it seems like it has been acclimating since you introduced it to your tank. Carpets, take on average, many weeks to fully acclimate. I would keep observing its behavior carefully. It could be just burrowing deeper in the sand bed. One day is not enough to tell if something is up. I would refrain from adding any additives for now.

To be honest, even in your first photo, I wouldn't define it as happy. To me it seems like it has been acclimating since you introduced it to your tank. Carpets, take on average, many weeks to fully acclimate. I would keep observing its behavior carefully. It could be just burrowing deeper in the sand bed. One day is not enough to tell if something is up. I would refrain from adding any additives for now.

Agreed with this, it can take up to a month for your carpet to fully acclimate. I from experience my green haddoni's mouth was slightly open for 3 weeks until it fully acclimated.

It's hard to tell but if the mouth is not gaping, then it looks like a feeding response. Nice green color. Give it a day or 2 do not feed directly for now.
Good luck

Back