need asm g2 help please

disney95

Premium Member
I have a 120 with a 40gal sump I got the g2 because of lack of room would it be a good idea to put the sedra 5000 pump on it and what is the ideal water height should I beusing now and what is the best mod to put on it
thanks Disney95

I also have the asm G2 and best mod I did was to change to the sedra 5000. Once you do that your performance should go up by almost 100%. I used to get 1/3 cup skimmate every 6 days now I get 1 full cup in 6-7 days.

If you still want a boost you can use your old sedra 3500 as a feed line to the skimmer and then use the sedra 5000 as a recirc.

Good luck and enjoy :)

i know you have to mod something to fit the 5000 properly to fit the g2. i forgot what tho. can anyone clarify?

I agree with Flame goby. Recirc is a huge performance gain!.. Size of the feed pump affects Dwel time... You don't want to be pumping large amounts of water into a recirc skimmer. 250 to 300 gph should be about right.

A gate valve mod is also a great idea. I use them on my G3
At some point I will mod it to a recirc with feed pump. Right now am happy with how it is.

What is your lack of room? Height or footprint? If you put a 5000 on a G2, the footprint grows to at least that of a G3. Recirc and gate valve mods take up a ton of space.

If its height, that is a different story.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6529280#post6529280 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by slik_dude@yahoo
What pump would you use to replace the Sedra that comes with the ASM g1?

Thanks.
BR

sedra 3500

Back