Need assistance on custom tank before i order it.

HornetMech242

Premium Member
I posted this in the large tank forum but dont seem to be getting the help that i need so that i can order this thing on Monday. I have made a diagram and will link to it below. I have two overflows in it each with a 1.5" drain and 1.5" return. One drain is going to feed fuge and dump excess flow into sump, the other drain is going to feed skimmer and dump excess flow into the sump.

One recomendation i did get from the other forum was to do one single overflow instead of two. That person did not give measurements so that pretty much did me no good. If i was to go one larger single overflow can i put two drains and two returns in the same overflow? The tank is 72x30x25.

Thanks for the assistance.

Chris

110479Measurements2-med.bmp

I would use two overflows as in your original plan. Are you going to have it drilled for a closed loop as well since it is custom?

yea, the closed loop is going to be a dart. The intake on that pump is 2" so i have a hole being drilled in the center of the tank. Does the diagram show up for you? It does not for me. But i got both overflows at 5x12 to handle 3000GPH.

Thanks for the advice i am going to order the tank today.

Chris

Back