Need float switch for saltwater reservoir

waverz

Slave to the reef!
So I've been using a LMIII for 3 years to do continuous water changes on my 60 gallon cube. Everything has been working smooth except for the couple times I let the fresh saltwater reservoir run dry. When this happens the LMIII'S still pulls water from the tank then my ATO, makes up for it by pumping freshwater into my tank causing the salinity to drop.

I noticed my sunset monti that was recovering from my last incident was bleached again today. I checked the salinity and it was down to 1.020.

Sure enough, my saltwater reservoir was empty again. Basically what I would like to do is add a float switch in the reservoir. The reservoir is a 30 gallon horizontal sprayer tank and I could hook the switch to my breakout box on my apex. That way when the reservoir is near empty it will shut off the LMIII and sent me a text notifying me it's time to refill it.

What float switch would be recommended for this type of application? Keep in mind it will be submerged in saltwater most of the time. I don't have an issue drilling a hole into the reservoir but just want to make sure I get the proper switch the first time.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Back