need help. bad reaction to copper

CorbetJackson50

i added cupramine to my qt tank last night and my flame angel is breathing very fast and heavily. i dosed 4ml into 46g qt tank with canister filter running sponges and ceramic rings. ammonia badge reads 0. I also added stability to add some bacteria if needed. Is this rapid breathing normal? should I do a water change to lower the cu level? I have an apiece test kit that is very hard to read but its below .25 mq/l now.

The goal should be ovet a week get the level to .35 with a flamr angle. Get a salifert test kit. Hands down they are the easiest to read. Stability is fine but just to make sure you know, never use prime or other conditioners with copper.

Being its a flame angle I'd do a 5 gallon water change and let her perc up again.

I'd change out the carbon with fresh stuff in 24 hours then wait another 24 and start over. Let us know what happens, good luck.

ill keep you guys posted. the angel is doing better already but still not good. the angel has a sore on the side about the size of a pencil eraser. it seems that the mckosckers wrasse and the copperband were not too happy about the copper either.

Back