Need Help Identifying This

dedjer

Can someone help me identify these coral/aeptasia looking things growing all over my rock. It's taking over my tank. Is it good or bad?

whatisthis1.jpg

whatisthis2.jpg

Thanks.
DJ

Rock anenomes? Looks wicked I would defenitley keep them, if you don't want them to spread put them on the sand bed.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6933673#post6933673 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Vetter1980
Rock anenomes? Looks wicked I would defenitley keep them, if you don't want them to spread put them on the sand bed.

Nah it doesn't bother that they spread so much, so long as they aren't bad. That's a pic of a rock on one side of my 55g. There's little strays of those things growing all over the place. I don't know how they get from one side of the tank all the way to the other side. It started out with about 2 on that rock, and now I have about 50+.

Yup kyle hit it on the head- majano...get rid of them while you can

....although I have seen a dedicated tank with them and clowns hosting in them. I believe they were tomato clowns.

eric&flint

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6934367#post6934367 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by yznhmr
nasty little buggers.. Rod has some majic stuff to melt them..

yznhmr

i love your tank. :)

dj

they look like tulip anemones to me . are they green with hot pink tips ? looks like it in the picture . try doing a search on them . if it is ,they are pretty harmless . they do not seem to bother anything or move around at all ,but will grow to plague proportions fast . they do not get any larger than the ones that you have pictured , quarter size or smaller .

Back