Need help loading a tank Thursday...

blackthunda77

If any of you guys are available Thursday evening around 7pm i could use some help loading a tank into my truck. I finally found a tank that im happy with and i think will fit perfect into my plans. Its a custom 195 gallon 60wx31dx24t so its ALMOST the same dimensions as the marineland 200 Deep Dimensions i like.

It will be a very quick transition. Its in a town home complex in pembroke pines near the pembroke pines mall. The tank is empty, dry and in the back patio. Just need to get it through the patio fence, around a bush and into the bed of my truck. About 20-30 feet distance. Should probably take no longer than 20 minutes. Need about 5-6 guys. Let me know if any of you can help.

:wave:

Sweet.... Happy to hear you found something. I'll be out of town, but post some pics.

You got glass suction cup handles ?
Pretty sure I'll be available

No i do not, yet. Im trying to locate some.

However, the way the tank is, its on a metal frame stand and im thinking we can lift it with the stand and then just slide it into the bed of the truck. This is my HYPOTHESIS, lol.

Another 5 inshes deep and that is my dream tank. Love the dimensions!!!!!!! Sorry I can't help, but wish you the best of luck:lol:

Nice, that means its almost the exact same dimensions, except im 1-2 deeper. I got you beat, HAHA. lol, jk. Im liking the dimensions. Im starting to dream up aquascapes now, lol. although i wont be a while till i start that build most likely.

Nice, that means its almost the exact same dimensions, except im 1-2 deeper. I got you beat, HAHA. lol, jk. Im liking the dimensions. Im starting to dream up aquascapes now, lol. although i wont be a while till i start that build most likely.

You'll probably beat me!!!!!:headwally:

i help people do this kind of thing all the time. Just a couple hours ago I was at home depot buying some pvc for tank and saw them trying to lift a box that looked 300 lbs.

Unfortunately, you're too south for me to drive and im too poor to drive that south on a whim :p. I could solo move that tank! Hahah!

John as i told you before. I can likely help, just give me a heads up a few hours before on where to be. thats near my house.

This is a pic of the tank. It has a metal stand, not sure how or if ill be using it. According to the guy, it was a tank at the current fontainebleau hotel in miami before they upgraded to the round tanks they have there now. 3/4" glass all around and dual corner overflows.

At the moment its me, the current owner, a buddy of mine and my cousin that will be there. Id like to have atleast 5 guys, preferably 6 (i helped marvin move his beast and kinda know what to expect. Based on my calculations its going to weigh about 450-500 lbs. Ill text you guys with location info. I told the guy ill be there between 7 and 730.

00q0q_fIce1D4wfX3_600x450.jpg

Move went well. Had a couple of guys from church show up that were from the area. The stand that it was on made the transition easier as its pretty much the perfect height for sliding the tank onto a pickup. I will try to get a pic or two up today or tomorrow once i get it unloaded out of the truck.

Back