Need help selecting external pump

nathan1986

Okay so this is my first tank using an external pump. The current pump is a panworld 100px, it's doing a great job in moving water but I find myself focusing on the humming coming from the tank when watching tv. Ive been researching and found the velocity t3 pump was a very quiet/silent pump. But is now discontinued. Is there an external pump that runs 3/4 inlet and 3/4 outlet, very quiet or silent and runs around 790-800ish gph? These pumps are new to me so searching "external reef pump" etc, probably isn't yielding everything that's avaliable. Pump must have 3/4 inlet and 3/4 outlet as I dont want to drill the hole in the sump any larger or re do the plumbing that's already setup. Thanks, nathan

I would look into the new ecotech pump they are going to be coming out with. If I had the room to run an external pump I would be ALL over that!

Okay so this is my first tank using an external pump. The current pump is a panworld 100px, it's doing a great job in moving water but I find myself focusing on the humming coming from the tank when watching tv. Ive been researching and found the velocity t3 pump was a very quiet/silent pump. But is now discontinued. Is there an external pump that runs 3/4 inlet and 3/4 outlet, very quiet or silent and runs around 790-800ish gph? These pumps are new to me so searching "external reef pump" etc, probably isn't yielding everything that's avaliable. Pump must have 3/4 inlet and 3/4 outlet as I dont want to drill the hole in the sump any larger or re do the plumbing that's already setup. Thanks, nathan

I think I still have a velocity t3 laying around if u r interested in buying it?

Back