Need help with tank transfer!

asmodyus

So I have to transfer my 120 reef tank to my new 180 which is 10 min down the street and little overwhelmed on what I need to do might need little help.

Last edited:
So I have to transfer my 120 reef tank to my new 180 which is 10 min down the street and little overwhelmed on what I need to do might need little help.

I'm moving my 120 n hr away in 3 months. I know how you feel. Do you plan on selling the 120?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

might need help figure were to put the fish I have 3 20 gallon brutes figure I put my live rock and coral in there but the fish I'm wonder how to move.

When I first moved I used a brute and put all my fish in there. They were in there over night with a power head and a heater they did fine. You can even just used 5 gallon buckets it's only 10 minutes away. I suggest u dedicate an entire day just for the tank move once you break it down you will realize how much you have to do lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to firehouse and buy some $2 pickle buckets. They are food safe and come with lids. Perfect for moving fish rock and coral. Also consider hard sided coolers, they are shallow and wide, great for a few rocks with coral or larger fish.

Go to firehouse and buy some $2 pickle buckets. They are food safe and come with lids. Perfect for moving fish rock and coral. Also consider hard sided coolers, they are shallow and wide, great for a few rocks with coral or larger fish.

Okay I will check out firehouse dumb question but what is a exactly a hard sided cooler? Like a regular plastic cooler?

Okay I will check out firehouse dumb question but what is a exactly a hard sided cooler? Like a regular plastic cooler?

yes

when i moved my old tank i used two coolers for the rocks and a couple buckets for the fish and some water. i threw out my old sand because ive read its a nightmare to reuse it

Yes
034223131784lg.jpg

You can borrow mine, but would need to pick them up and return them in valrico

Yes
034223131784lg.jpg

You can borrow mine, but would need to pick them up and return them in valrico

Oh okay thanks I have one I can use. So between that and the 3 brutes I will have I will have all I need I believe. Now I just need to figure out plumbing lol.

You can reuse the sand but u need to rinse it very well with salt water so not till kill the good stuff in the sand. If will take more water then you think to rinse the sand though.

Might be easier to chat on the phone. If u have time come up with a list of questions and give me a call. U probably still have my cell number if not pm me for it.

is there anyway to cut out aquarium stand overflow holes with aquarium on top of the stand. I had some people help me move the aquarium on top of the stand and there's really no way for me and my wife to remove the aquarium to cut out the top corners of the stand? I was not really thinking this is the first time setting up a whole new tank my self. Usually I've just bought the whole thing already done so I forgot to cut out the stand top.

Sorry the problem is the stand for the 180 I bought did not come with pre-cut holes and had some friends come over and put the tank on the stand. I just now realized that I need to cut out the overflow holes in the corner of the stand. At the moment its just me and my wife not sure when my friends can help. So I need to some how either find some people to help me remove the tank back off the stand so I can cut the holes out and than put the tank back on by Saturday or figure how to cut out the holes with the tank still on the stand.

Because I have till Sunday to remove the 120 from my rental

I'm Probably making this more of a big than deal than it is I'm just running out of time lol

I would try sliding the tank over enough to cut it with a hole saw. as long as a 180 is it should be ok for a few minutes with 7-8 inches hanging over the opposite end.

Back