need help with this Amiracle Sump

tiberiusjones

Premium Member
#4 (permalink) Today, 08:19 PM
tiberiusjones
Junior Member Join Date: Jan 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought a Lil Giant 1250 GPH external pump with 1 inch lines

I have a Remora PRO Aqua C Skimmer

The Sump is just an Amiracle Pro Line Filter sump with one inlet for the pump
two dividers and two lines with bulkheads about an inch in diameter each going out the right side. The bio balls are not in use and I took out the drip pad. What do I put in the sump?
If my return line is connected to the Lil Giant pump, and I got a filter sock on the end ,
and do i put the hang on Aqua C Skimmer on the same chamber? What foes in the middle chamber? There is a a litttle space under neath the right partition like you could put a foam block if you wanted to. What goes in the right chamber? Please help . Thanks

got a picture of one in my gallery

I hate to see a request for help go unanswered so I did my best:

The Sump is just an Amiracle Pro Line Filter sump with one inlet for the pump two dividers and two lines with bulkheads about an inch in diameter each going out the right side. (one for return, one for skimmer probably but you're using a hang on so you'd have to probably link the two to feed your Lil Giant or just block one off)

The bio balls are not in use and I took out the drip pad. What do I put in the sump? If my return line is connected to the Lil Giant pump, and I got a filter sock on the end and do i put the hang on Aqua C Skimmer on the same chamber? (lost me - sock should filter incoming water from the tank, hang on should get it's water from either first or second chamber)

What foes in the middle chamber? (rocks for denitrification, good space for non-hang on skimmer if you upgrade later)) T

here is a a litttle space under neath the right partition like you could put a foam block if you wanted to. What goes in the right chamber? (lost again)

look at my gallery pic

look at my gallery pic

the unit is pictured in my gallery pic, there are no skimmers and no bio balls in this sump. I have a remora aqua c pro skimmer hanging on with a submersible pump

The first chamber should have a skimmer, the middle chamber should have a deep sand bed and refugium, and the 3rd chamber is where your top off float goes, along with your return pump if it is submersible. The top off chamber water level will vary with evaporation. The other 2 have a constant water level equal to the height of the dividers.

Actually you can put whatever you want in the middle, but refugiums are a popular choice. I chose to put a 8 inch sand bed in mine since I am bare bottom in the display tank.
Mike

thanks

thanks

Hey Mike thanks for you answer,
I have sand in the bottom of the display tank
and will have about 100 lbs of live rock
I do not have auto top off device, and my pump is the lil giant external type ... what is yoru advice about setting up a refugium? What do I need to put in there? Thank you. I am sorry for asking so much but I am as you can tell already, a noob.

Back