Need ID on hairy dots on glass

Fizzman

I have a bunch of dots that look like they have legs but they don't move. It comes off when I clean the glass but comes back on after a while. I can't get camera to focus for pictures. The "body" or dot is about t as big as copapods, white dot with 6-8 "hairs" or "legs". The legs move with the water. What is it?

I looked up a picture of spirorbid worm and its not it. This thing is soft looking and doesn't have the spiral and the legs are on the body.

I drew a picture of it. It's in red but the real color is white and a lot smaller

Attachments

• 2016-11-29_07.58.20.jpg
    2016-11-29_07.58.20.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 0
Medusa stage of an Obelia hydroid.

That is a strong possibility. However, from a Google search it doesn't look exactly the same, although very close. Any possibilities? The difference is my dot is solid and is smaller in relation to the tentacles than pictures that Google gives for Obelia hydroid Medusa

So I found other threads saying that they floating hydroid and saying I need to get rid of them, but how? There's a lot, and if there is this much on the glass I'm sure there r thousands on the sand and rock. Found a pic from Google that is exactly it.

Attachments

• Hydroids.jpg
    Hydroids.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 0
I had some and they disappear after a few weeks. Didn't seems to affect anything in my tank. I have no other knowledge of it other than my own experience, others may have a different opinion.

Back