Need opinions on reef octopus

jaylensdad06

I have an oportunity to get a RO classic int 110. Does n e 1 have any experience with this skimmer? I want to use it on my 40 breeder build. Probly close to 60-70 total water volumn...mostly lps..a couple sps....would this be to much over kill....any other opinions or skimmers available for this size setup...any opinions s r much appreciated.

It's rated for up to 100 gallons, should work fine in your setup.
My personal experience with reef octopus skimmers is they require a little more fine tuning, but once you get it right they work well.

It was my first skimmer.. it worked OK. If I was you I would try and a better skimmer. There was a I tech 100 on here for sell. You will be much better off....

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Do u remember who had the itech for sale?.I am keeping my options open...I originally started with an eshopps skimmer on my 120 and when I got my sro int 3000 it made a HUUUIGE difference....so the only brands I've tried so far r eshopps and ro

That simmer is more than enough on a 40b, Unless you had 50 fish in there. the itech wouldn't be complete overkill.

I have both skimmers and actually have the 110 running on a 40b and it does a great job. My itech 100 is on a 125 lightly stocked and no problem keeping up.

Not sure if he still has it but it was Jeff who was trying to sell. Jfolz or something like that I believe.

Back