Need skimmer/lighting advice for RedSea Max 130D (34g)!

PinkLady

Premium Member
Anyone have a Red Sea Max 130D (34g)? I just bought one used and it came with everything except the skimmer. It has the pump for the skimmer, just not the body and the cup. Any recommendations on a quality replacement that would fit well?

It also came with an AI Prime light. I do know it’s a good quality light, but is there a another light I should consider that would fit/serve better? Lighting isn’t my forte. I have a variety of fish and corals but nothing overly sensitive/needy.

TIA!

3FFF883B-2460-4B00-9D31-85B6BB6D1B5F.jpeg

For skimmer look into tunze comline seria, 9001.
I do not have that tank so cant help you more, maybe you can fit one more Ai in it if current show too weak but for some moderate needs you are good

Welcome! I can agree to look at the Tunze Comline skimmers.

I’m not too familiar with the tank. Is the AI built into the hood or will you be taking off the hood and installing the Prime? If it’s built into the hood, perhaps look at adding some some PopBloom, Orphek, Quanta or other LED bars just for better spread. If it’s not built into the hood, lighting will be your preference depending on the overall spread of the light (not sure on the dimensions of the Red Sea)

Back