Need some clown advice, please

wojo

We inherited 3 small (less than 1") clowns, all different color from a friend. After two days two of them mated and started hosting my anemone, the third one is alone now.

What would be the best way to go about this, should i buy another one and hope they mate or get rid of this one? Can i have 2 pairs in my tank?

Thanks

If this is in your 55 then take the loner out. When the Clowns grow up a little the mated pair will start beating up him.

You can keep two pairs of clowns in a VERY large tank.

why would 2 pairs be too much for 55gal ? is it a space issue or they would not like eachother?

Female Clowns are not too friendly, especially when they have a mate. A pair requires a certain amount of space and a 55 is way too small for two pairs. I'm talking a few hundred gallons to even attempt it.

1 maroon clown, 1 false percula, 1 i dont know the name but he is sort of false one but yellow with big black eyes. the maroon and this yellow mated :)

The Maroon will grow to be pretty large. My Maroon is currently 5 to 6". has large cheek spikes...and is ruler of her water world

Back