Need some Fish Stocking Help!

moneymm

I have a 46 Gallon Bow Tank. I would not like to limit any of the corals I wish to get in the future by the type of fish i choose. I plan on a mixed reef tank.

My Tank is almost 4 months old. I have a 1.5" sand bed, plenty of algea. alot of live rock with nooks and caves.

I have a Black & White Occelaris Clown and Orange Occellaris Clown.

I am looking for the most beautiful and colorful fish that will work in my tank. I am not looking for anything that is expert level care.

I have done so much thinking about rethinking about this over the past 3 months that i basically am just going to wipe the slate clean b/c i just cant make up my mind and Im going nuts trying to find the best fish, and there are so many fish out there and only a few that i can get.

I would like atleast 1 or 2 fish to be active, (my clowns tend to hang out all day). I would like fish at all levels of the tank. and no aggressive fish.

Does anyone have a fish or two that would be a must have for them, or a whole list that they would recommend for me?

thanks so much, I really need reefcentral to help me out here before I lose my mind.

again, popping colors, multple color, vibrant colors is what im looking for or hoping for.

Look into Fairy and Flasher wrasse for colors that pop. With a 46g your limited to what you can get. Are the clowns a pair or have the staked out their territory in the tank yet?

Look into Fairy and Flasher wrasse for colors that pop. With a 46g your limited to what you can get. Are the clowns a pair or have the staked out their territory in the tank yet?

I will thanks. i did have my eye on the Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse (liveaquaria is not in stock, and the pic on bluezoo has completely different colors, so i dont know what it would send me)

they are a good pair. nemo is alittle smaller and tags along wherever the bigger black and white one goes.

Setup the in stock email notification of the size and region you would like. I wouldn't buy from BZ

this is what i have come up with. what does anyone think?

Currently In Tank
1 Phantom Occellaris Clown
1 Regular Orange Occ Clown

Want to Add Now
yellow goby
Pseudochromis fridmani
pj cardinal
purple firefish

in a month
blue damsel (if too agressive, blue reef Chromis cyaneus)
carpenters wrasse

in 3 months
Flame Angel

will goby stand a chance? how many do i have to take off the list b/c its too many fish?

I went with Royal Gramma Basslet and a Pajama Cardinal for this QT period. after its over, I am thinking of getting 2 Wrasses, and then a flame angel for my final add.

I just need to figure out what 2 wrasses. i was set on the carpenter wrasse, however, i was unimpressed when seeing them at LFS today.

I def want active fish, as i feel my clowns and pajama and royal gramma are quite lazy.

Are the wrasses the way to go? what are your favorites? that wont eat coral.

Back