Need Some Help- Hanging Kit

Chicago Kopka

Once again my OCD and extreme impatience has gotten the best of me. I accidentaly cut the grip lock wire from an ATI fixture too short and now its frayed and cannot be threaded. In other words, I need the griplock wire with the little ball on the end thats used as a stopper on the female threaded piece. Where in the Tampa area can I get this today? I'm going out of town tomorrow and need it.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    59.5 KB · Views: 0
go to the hardware store / home depot and buy some ferrules. clamp them down to the end of the wire. test to make sure they can hold the weight and your good to go.

go to the hardware store / home depot and buy some ferrules. clamp them down to the end of the wire. test to make sure they can hold the weight and your good to go.

Yeah I will probably go check out Lowes or Home Depot and see what they have. Thanks.

Yeah I will probably go check out Lowes or Home Depot and see what they have. Thanks.

I have a few extras laying around if you want one, just got to come and get it.... I am in Largo. PM me if you are interested. I don't get home till 3:45 although.

mike

I have a few extras laying around if you want one, just got to come and get it.... I am in Largo. PM me if you are interested. I don't get home till 3:45 although.

mike

oh man that would be perfect but I dont think i could make it out there today. Gotta pick up the kids after work and I live in Westchase. Do you also work in Largo? I appreciate the offer.

Actually I guess I should clarify that its really the cable that I need. If its frayed at all its very hard to get back into the "gripper" thread. If anyone knows what diameter size these cables are let me know. Thanks.

I've used mountain bike brake cable in the past, bring the cable to your local bike shop and they might have one.

Thanks everyone. I went to Lowes near my work and got some galvanized cable and a couple ferrules. Hopefully its the right size cable.

Back