Nem ID please

Yellow05gt

My LFS couldn't tell me the exact type of Nem this is, but it looks like an RBTA to me. Am I correct?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 0
Yes. Entacmea quadricolor. There are a bunch of fancy names for various color varieties out there but they are all the same species.

Great Thanks James. I'm pretty excited about it. My two clowns hosted it within 24 hours of introducing the Nem to my Tank.

great. Looks like you've got maroon clowns which are naturally hosted by this species of anemone. Just give it good light, flow and good water conditions and this anemone will eventually start splitting and producing clones.

Yes I do I have one gold banded maroon (male) and one regular Maroon (female) and they love the Nem. They hosted it within 24 hours and haven't left since lol The Nem is huge. She's probably 8-9" already when she's fully expanded. What're some signs to look for when she's about to split?

They often just deflated a little and the next morning you see two. Large BTA type often do not split much., just the small to medium sub species.

Back