Nerite Snail

Kurt03

Does anyone have them? there on sale at liveaquaria for .99 and im needing a cleanup crew. Let me know if they are any good. Thanks!
Also has anyone had Money Cowry Snails and what do you think about those too?
-Kurt

Don't have any but they sure are pretty. Reefermadness has some and I considered ordering them, but I though $315 was enough for one day. :)

I had them, but traded. They are intertidal species, meaning they will try to get out of the tank and wait for the waves to move them. unfortunatelly if you don't put them back in the tank they will die.

I have some in my tank. They do climb out. Ive seen them on my HOB skimmer and way up at the top of the tank. I dont see a need to put them back in. They know when they need to go back and they just backtrack back to the water. They are cool little guys, dont bother anything.

I have about a dozen in my 50. Ive got a lip around the top and an acryllic top so they cant get out. They do a fantastic job of eating film algaes and diatoms. My only complaint is that they lay little white pouched of eggs all over the glass and rock that I have to scrape off every few days.

Snails

Snails

I have had good luck with them. I get a reef janitor kit from Garf.org every so often. You can get based on tank size. The kit includes a variety of hermits and snails (including Nerith) to tackle all algae types. Have actually just ordered more this week.

Back