New 90

Dastank

Premium Member
We'll as Dana promised my new tank arrived Friday evening. I was pretty impressed with the packing job. Two layers of cardboard, Styrofoam on all of the corners, and fragile stickers posted all over it.

90Gal001.jpg

90Gal002.jpg

90Gal003.jpg

The tank is 48" long, 24" wide and 18" deep.

Now all I have to do is build a stand, hood, do plumbing, electrical, order a million parts, and decide exactly how I'm going to set it up!

Should start filling it with water tomorrow. :lol:

is it predrilled? looks good! I got all my things taken care of, sand & water tomorrow. Thread on the way!!!

I could have sworn I posted in here last night.

But yeah, that tank is super looking. Far better than I had expected. IDK, i was a little iffy on the acrylic, but after seeing that tank, im sold.

The tank looks great. Also, jason, I dont think its pre-drilled, not sure though. I didnt get that good of a look at it.

Mike, I've thought a little bit about a stand...will have to get with you on that.

I'm certain Mike will do a good job with this from what I hear already for lighting. If I had to do it over again, I'd definitely go with this size tank.

p.s. We need to see more shots with your foot in them.

Dana

I don't do foot shots!

The tank isn't pre drilled, but I drilled my others, so I'm not to worried about it.

Started on Lights today!!!

I ordered Ice Cap T5 retro kit, moonlights and the temperature controlled Ice Cap fans. The new Ice Cap T5s are pretty affordable, more than the Teks, but should be worth the extra cash. The 660 ballast is more than worth the difference in price. IMO

I only ordered two, but I'm planning on mounting my ballast on the back of the hood. We'll see, I might end up getting more!

In Tokyo there's a shop that Dana and I used to frequent. It just so happens that they make and sell acrylic tanks. The name of the shop is PD's, I don't know if they have a website or not. There prices were good and they shipped the tank to my door for 9,000 yen.

I couldn't have done with out Dana! THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Champion lighting, one of the few places that I found that carried the Ice Cap retro and would ship APO.

Back