New anenome

Jkraft136

Picked up a green bubble tip anemone for my tank. Was told to set it in the sand with no power heads on and let it find its spot. Well he's been in there for an hour and is still moving. Should i place him on a rock for hope he'll attach better or just wait for him to pick somewhere?

Let him be.It can take a few days,a few weeks,and even a few months befor an anemone can begin theriving!

Ya have close to about 3 watts of light over that tank!So I would keep an eye and see what happens!Sounds like hes doin better bbut ya can never know when it come to anemones!

So I'm pretty sure I'm good on the light situation. He's moved about an inch in the past hour and seems to be content. Ill get up some pictures later

anemone and pumps

anemone and pumps

Has anybody had their anemone move into a pump and well you know what would happen.I trying to figure out what happened to my RBTA he was moving om the glass and was near the pump but I am just not sure what happened.I do know I lost him as I found a decaying pieces with red .Have vortech pumps.
Thanks
Jim

I bought a bta one afternoon. When I got up the next morning, the water was cloudy and I couldn't find the anemone. After about 15 minutes of searching, I noticed something on the powerhead. I got it over to the sink and when I pulled it apart, what was left of the bta fell out in the sink. I still don't understand how it could manage to get completely inside of the Koralia 4.

Back