New Apex Temp Problem - Drop to 20 degrees

Was there ever a solution to the original post?

I had a bad Base. I believe they said something with the voltage reg in it. My LFS had received a bad batch at the time cause he had several customers bring them back with the same problem. I installed new Base from new batch and it has been problem free since.

Update: I've been still experiencing this problem since I received replacement base. It went from happening once every 3 to 6 months the first year or two. The past 6 months its been happening once or twice a month to daily the past week.

Again what happens is things kinda lock up (see attachment) and temp prob reading drops to 19 Degrees Fahrenheit, ph drops to 1, orp raises to 900.

I notice this is usually triggered when my metal halides start to turn on one at a time.

The only way I can get things back to normal is if I go through and unplug every EB8 from the house which is a big pain because of their locations.

I still have the same firmware running, never updated. Pretty sure its a hardware issue though and not a software.

Looking for any help please.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 0
You need to go back to Neptune. There's nothing that can be done if your controller is freezing.

And if you're still on 4.04 you should upgrade. I don't think that's your issue but there's a hundred things that have been added/fixed between then and now.

You need to go back to Neptune. There's nothing that can be done if your controller is freezing.

And if you're still on 4.04 you should upgrade. I don't think that's your issue but there's a hundred things that have been added/fixed between then and now.

aquamanic, Thank you for your reply. I've sent an email to Neptune.

Have you heard of this happening with others lately?

Wondering if Neptune made any improvements with the Base Modules since I originally received mine 2 1/2 years ago? Or is this something I'm possible going to have to deal with again when I get a replacement Base Module. Neptune originally told me it was most likely caused from a voltage circuit in the Base Module.

Back