New Build... I'm back

AZBigJohn

Usually confused...
Hello!

After being absent for 3+ years, I was pleasantly surprised I still had an account here! I had a 210-gallon tank going for a few years (build thread here, although all the pictures have disappeared.

After the Great PETCO Disaster of 2021 (I bought a Sailfin Blenny and didn't quarantine it) which killed off all of my fish within a week. After that, reefing just wasn't any fun, and I broke the tank down. I still have it, but it hasn't had water in it in 3 years, and due to size it had to be in a back room where I rarely go.

The itch is back, and I was lucky to find a new 80-gallon tank at a great price from a local fish store. I also bought a used protein skimmer and a return pump. The tank is technically a frag tank, but I love the dimensions, and this tank will probably be more coral, with small fish. As usual, I forgot to take pictures during the first week, so here are a few pictures:

Tank in place:
IMG_2333.jpeg

One week later, tank with water, return pump and heater in place, Kessil mounts in place as well:
IMG_2344.jpeg

Beginnings of the sump/bottom area, lots of mounting/wire organization to go...
IMG_2345.jpg

I will do my best to keep updating this thread, and being active on the board again!

Back