New build: Nuvo 16, ADA 60-P, or off-brand...

peterp63

Hello RC!! I really need some of y'alls opinions/advice right now. I have a future tank location (designated by the wifee) that I plan to place a nano reef- pictured below. The dimensions have me limited and I want to go as big as possible. Right now I am stuck between an AIO IM Nuvo 16, an ADA 60-P, and an off-brand tank that I bought off a whim due to the dimensions and the fact that I've never seen a tank quite like it (probably a chinese tank).

The all-in-one Nuvo will get me going much quicker and easier, but the 60-P and off-brand tank will allow for a larger display tank. I would use a MAME overflow for both the 60-P and the off-brand. All would get an ATO. All would utilize a Maxspect Razor. Obviously, the filtration would vary between the Nuvo and the others due to the available sump. My goal is to make this as maintenance free as possible!

PLEASE HELP!!!!

WWRCD???????

Attachments

• photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 0
As much as I like the Nuvos I'd have to say I'd always choose a system with a sump over an AIO for a few different reasons. If you're looking for a great easy to set up tank though the Nuvo is the perfect choice

I have the Nuvo 16 and it's great (got it second hand). I think it depends on if you have room for the Mame and sump. I didn't really have space for a sump so needed an AIO.

I have the Nuvo 16 and it's great (got it second hand). I think it depends on if you have room for the Mame and sump. I didn't really have space for a sump so needed an AIO.

I really don't have room either. If I do continue with the mame/sump I will go through the wall where the phone jack/coax are and route my plumbing and wiring down to the cabinet below where I would place the sump. I'm just debating in whether it is worth the hassle. The Nuvo 16 actually has an identical footprint to these tanks. Either way I don't even have room for an MP10, therefore I will likely use a Hydor 425. I just need a kick in the butt to get things going one way or another...

The MP10 is out of my price range so I just ordered a Jebao WP-10 wavemaker. No idea when it will get here though. People seem to like them.

I really don't have room either. If I do continue with the mame/sump I will go through the wall where the phone jack/coax are and route my plumbing and wiring down to the cabinet below where I would place the sump. I'm just debating in whether it is worth the hassle. The Nuvo 16 actually has an identical footprint to these tanks. Either way I don't even have room for an MP10, therefore I will likely use a Hydor 425. I just need a kick in the butt to get things going one way or another...

The MP10 is out of my price range so I just ordered a Jebao WP-10 wavemaker. No idea when it will get here though. People seem to like them.

I got a WP40 for my 90 but haven't really used it yet as my tank is in the buijding stages. Seems fairly bulky and feels cheap but it seems to move a TON of water.

Yeah I just did some reading on the WP10. May go that route instead. Thanks for the info.

Any experience with a gnome glass skimmer?? I want to make this tank as streamlined as possible since it will be in the middle of our living/kitchen area.

Hey if you don't mind me asking what tank is that you purchased? Is it a Landen?

How is the quality and where/how much did you pay?

I really like the shape of the Nuvo 16, but have been scared witless about all the reports (including two new ones recently) of Nuvos cracking/leaking. I need an AIO, and really don't want a cube. Any other tanks with a rectangular footprint, about 12-16 gallon, out there??

I really like the shape of the Nuvo 16, but have been scared witless about all the reports (including two new ones recently) of Nuvos cracking/leaking. I need an AIO, and really don't want a cube. Any other tanks with a rectangular footprint, about 12-16 gallon, out there??

I haven't seen any reports of the 16's blowing out but I definitely understand being scared away. For what it's worth I trust mine completely but wouldn't buy a 24,30 or 38 now

Back