New build tank, help me decide.

JVD BVI

Trying to decide on a tank for my new build. I've narrowed it down to the 80 gallon Deep Blue Rimless frag tank or the Marineland 125 gallon.
Obviously they are both very different tanks which will require different types of lighting, powerheads, pumps etc.
They both have there pros and cons, I love the look of the shallow tank yet always wanted a six footer.
My tank up north before I moved was a 90 gallon and my current 17 gallon is just not satisfying, I miss having lots of fish swimming around.

Any thoughts or opinions on those two tanks will be much appreciated.

Also wondering if anyone has ordered from Fish Tanks Direct? They seem a little expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

would have to vote for the 125, if you enjoy watching the fish swim around, and at that point you might as well and get a 180 and enjoy the extra depth of the tank, makes it alot easier to scape the tank.

I say go for a 6 foot tank more fish options.

Also go to local fish stores such as FAOIS and talk to them about ordering a tank. You might be pleasantly surprised at what they can find

If your debating between the two always go for the larger tank. So far I don't know anyone who regretted going bigger.

Just bite the bullet and get a 180....You will be much happier.....

Trying to decide on a tank for my new build. I've narrowed it down to the 80 gallon Deep Blue Rimless frag tank or the Marineland 125 gallon.
Obviously they are both very different tanks which will require different types of lighting, powerheads, pumps etc.
They both have there pros and cons, I love the look of the shallow tank yet always wanted a six footer.
My tank up north before I moved was a 90 gallon and my current 17 gallon is just not satisfying, I miss having lots of fish swimming around.

Any thoughts or opinions on those two tanks will be much appreciated.

Also wondering if anyone has ordered from Fish Tanks Direct? They seem a little expensive

80 gallon deep blue. The extra volume would be nice but the dimensions of the deep blue are so perfect.

Yeah but if he likes a lot of fish I'm not sure that is the better option. 180 would be waaaay better than both for that.

Oh I missed the part about liking lots of fish. Def go with the 180, will definitely open up alot of options.

6 ft tanks are great. The 80 is nice but not a 6ft tank. Doesn't deep blue have a 6ft available the is shallow? 155 or something?

Since we are suggest tank he didn't ask for go with the 240 instead!!! Jk :). Both r great. I loved my 125 I had but I do like the 80 gal too. The 80 is the same foot print of the 120 so why not get the 120 if u were to go with the 80 foot print. I have not had a 180 but agree with everyone else. Pretty much same cost to setup and run as the 125 is just a slightly larger investment in the tank cost. My vote is a 120 or a 180 lol neither tank was on your list ;)

Thanks for all the input, interesting idea with the 120 Rodger.
I definitely need to keep in mind the desire for a greater volume of fish.
Even when I had my 90 gallon up north I felt very limited on the types of fish I could have.

If you can spare the few extra inches, definitely make the jump to the 180. I've seen a buddy's tank and he has some awesome fish in his 180. He also has a very nice coral selection. If you're stuck with the two you gave initially, go 125. It won't look as unique as the 80, but it will give you the space you need for your fish.

Back