New build....

Richocet83

I finally received the all clear to build an aquarium at work! The aquarium is a 5' (approximately 200 gal) acrylic tank with 70 gallon sump.

The plan for this is to display 100% aquacultured animals, both vertebrates and invertebrates to the public. At this time only a select few know where this build is taking place, and until completion I cannot give anymore information about the location of the aquarium. I have included some pics of a few pieces of equipment we have so far :)

Pictured: ReeFlo Hammerhead, Reef Octopus PS-3000 skimmer, AquaEuro 1/2 HP chiller, Lifegard UV sterilizer, AquaFX Barracuda RO/DI, Current Marine LED (quarantine lighting), Mag3 for moving fresh saltwater to tank, 70 gallon Rubbermaid trough, and some misc. odds and ends....

Not Pictured: Aquarium, Neptune Apex, AI Hydra LEDs (x2), T5 lighting (x4), Vortech MP60, Tunze Osmolator, 1+ year of ESV Salt (that was heavy!), 275lbs MarcoRocks (also heavy)

I will hopefully update this pretty regularly to keep everyone up-to-date. Thanks for looking!

That's great! I got to do that with a coworker at the medical clinic I work in. Boss gave us the card and said make it look nice. Yes sir!

Crappy pic but hey, still have to hang the LEDs. The large Blue tang was actually rescued from a craigslist home (30 gallon tank) with a large Ocellaris and a medium PJ cardinal. We quarantined them for about 2 months nursing them back to health, the PJ and Tang were riddled with fin rot. Happy to say they are as happy as can be now, the Ocellaris has even made a home in a bubble tip we have.

Very nice Irish Tang!

Reefpilot.... that's actually a mural painted on one of the walls of our new fish closet

Major set back has kept me from posting updates.... found out our 200 gallon tank had a bad seam. On the positive side, boss okayed us to have a new tank built!!!!! Got to put my 0.02 in on the build and we will have a ~200 gallons of open space with an external coast to coast overflow :)

Should be ready in about a month and can't wait to show off the pictures!!!!

Well.... tank should be here some time today and I can't wait to share photos of it! Until then, here's our light rig for the tank:

AI Hydra (x2)
60" T5HO (x4)

Almost complete. Fighting our IT department to give me clearance to run the AI director over our network and waiting on ballasts for the T5s, but progress none the less! :)

Looks awesome. Remember to keep up on coraline algea scrapping. I have a lot I can't get off my acrylic tank :(. Next one will be glass for me. Who made it?

Roger

And.... let there be water!!!! We got about 100 gallons in the tank so far (only have a 75 gal per day RO/DI)!!!!

Thanks Roger! I have a small concern about the rock layout but I can't see it from the front until we open the display. And, we won't be opening the display for months because we want some frags to grow in before it's visible to guests. :(

Hopefully it looks okay from the front.

Back