New Fish Added!!! (pics)

Nathan4Wvu

Do you like Phil Collins?
Pet-co had these on sale today 9.99 and i felt bad for him in there crappy tanks so!!!

FIRE FISH GOT TO LOVEUM :blown: :blown:

100_0585.jpg

100_0584.jpg

100_0580.jpg

100_0579.jpg

100_0578.jpg

He eats like a pig and i think him and my clown goby are really liking each other

One of my favorite little fish :fish1:

I like your clown goby too. I have tried 2 recently that went through the overflow repeatedly until they killed themselves.

I don't really have anything in there to kill right now. Also i have never done it in the past. Its not that there fish are really sick its just the tanks are coverd in hair alge and cyno bacteria

Ok guys ,
Cool fish Nate. Lets not start talking about Petco in one way or another, they don't like negative publicity and I know it's inevitable with that topic.

Those are my favorites as well, but the purples are the ones I cant get enough of. You have to remember, this is pretty much the only place he can get fish from in his area unless he does some weekend traveling, the fish look great to me though. Good find, but do be careful.

The fish does look great!!! He did get lucky when schscountryboy bought him, and since he doesn't have many fish in his tank ... I'm still a believer in quarantine no matter where the fish comes from; learned the hard way. Just another example of the absence of "standards" in this hobby.

Personally I have never QTd a single fish. The fish gets the same amount of shock being moved from the QT tank to the display IMO. I do recommend you acclimate with a slow drip ( 4 or 5 hours) to adjust pH and salinity slowly. I suggest having your LFS QT the fish for you for a week or so instead of stressing out the animal more. BTW I QTd my evil hippo tang in a shop tank for over a month and after bringing it home seven days later it broke out with ick. Sometimes it's just unavoidable IMO. That said I do QT SPS and other rare coral but only because I dip them to kill off certain parasites.

Back