New fish selection (dream team)

Joneskirby

I have a 90 gal tank w tons of filtration. I'm writing dwn all the fish I would love to have in this tank. Please help me narrow this dwn w your suggestions or tell me I'm crazy for my selection. I have live Rock w reef capability because as my experience grow I plan on moving in that direction. Here it is

NASO TANG
YELLOW TANG
BLUE TANG
CLOWNS
BLUEJAW TRIGGER
NIGER TRIGGER
EMPORER ANGEL
FLAME ANGEL
COPPERBAND BUTTERFLY

In proper time this is my dream team

I agree...There are not many tangs that will fit in that size tank. I would suggest either the yellow tang or convict tang for a 90 gal. Also I am not 100% sure but I do not think the butterfly is very reef safe might want to look into that.

You need a bigger court to play that team.

Clownfish and the Flame Angel would be the only two that would work. Gain more experience, then consider the Copper Band. It's a tough fish to acclimate and even the most experienced hobbyists have to dedicate a lot of time, reading, and understanding to get one to thrive.

I am not sure if you're serious or just playing with us.Most of those fish are too big for 90gal. not even mentioning the compatibility issues.Just as the above post ,only clowns and flame angel will work .

Most of those fish are to Big for a 125, I hate to break up the dream team, the yellow Tang, The Clowns, and the flame angel are the only you should sign to the team.I do like your Team selection!Wait till you have at least a 180 to attempt some of those fish.

-Cody

P.S. Wait on the butterfly, I've got 3 years experience, and I will not attempt a butterfly for a couple more years.They are sensitive fish.

-Cody

i've been in this hobby since the mid 90's and i got 3 years under my belt with copperbands.. they are tough to acclimate, picky and slow eaters and the ones that seem to do "well" gain an appetite on coral.

many people dont see the shear size of an adult naso, they just look at the 4" juvenile at the lfs, same goes with the hippo tang.

Back