new fish???

acer

Finally caught my 6-7 year old 3-4 inch damsel ( had to buy a fish trap and be patient ) and am finally ready to get some new fish. Need suggestions to put with a lawnmower blenny, a 3 inch flame angel, and a 2.5 inch Maroon clown in a 90 mixed reef with a good protein skimmer and a 29 galllon refugium. Was thinking of a butterfly- as I do have a few "atips and Mojos" but!!!! HAve heard lots of negatives toward expected lifespan, etc . Opinions and experiences wanted....

Thanks,

Ted

I have a black domino that is turning into a larger terror. His is in my refuge and meaner than an alley cat. I can't catch him in open water!

How about one of the reef safe type triggers, crosshatch or bluethroat maybe? I am not sure if you have enough room for a tang.... though one would be a nice centerpiece.

Bean

Have a tiny yellow tang I got for my 65 hex in the office that has a caulerpa problem- but he isn't eating much of it- but he loves frozed brine,etc. So I will probably transfer him over to my home 90 tank soon- so no tangs. I heard the triggers that dont eat corals still eat shimp,snails,hermits. If anyone knows if they do or don't please post.

A crosshatch trigger is totally reefsafe..... they will not harm anything in your tank including inverts. This is because they are planktovores.... but a male crosshatch trigger is about $300 bucks if you can find one and most of them are about 6 inches long from my experience. Great fish thou

I expected a bunch of imput by now guys/gals. Quoting from Pink Floyd: " Is there anyone........ out there."

I am clueless, as I am in the same situation. I am looking for a few new fish and just can't get a finger on what is compatible and suitable for my tankmates and environment.

I almost need a 500 reef and 500 FO so that I can satisfy my need to own the fish I like.

Bean

what about a file fish, I have a red tailed and it is incredible to watch....it bright green and has a red tail.....it wont bother inverts and still gives you that trigger look.....and if you can find one (I would look at wet pets as thats where I found mine) they are relatively cheap and would add some great color to your tank. As green fish that are reef safe are hard to find.

Ed

i hope it helps....I really like mine, although it is tough to get an information on them since they are relatively new to the hobby...but they are incredible fish with unique blends of color that just brightens up the tank.....also the tail has what looks like lil flecks of sparkle to it which drives female reefers nuts :) haha my gf thinks I painted mine to get it to look like that

Ed

Back